Saturday, October 29, 2016

Prayers

I believe in the power of prayer. I believed our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers before this chapter in my life.  It isn't something I came to as a result of this, but my testimony of this principle was certainly strengthened during this ordeal.  Kristie Lytle and I joke that she is a prayer Ninja.  She is.  She taught me to pray specifically for things that I need.  Not general prayers but for specific and exact things.
During these weeks and months I have asked for very specific prayers. I am grateful that so many were able to pray with such intent.  I have felt the love and outpouring of support from family and friends far and wide.  My phone, facebook, and email were all filled with inspiring messages and the promise of prayers. It was an experience like none other.  There was so much love being directed at me.    I have never felt more gratitude in my heart. Never.  I felt at times like my heart my explode.  Don't ever doubt what prayer can do.
The night before my second surgery Doug and Todd gave me another blessing.  The blessing afforded me a better understanding of my situation.  Doug said  I agreed to this trial before I came to the earth. I understood that I would suffer but our Father in Heaven had many choice sons and daughters who had ceased communicating with him.  Through my trial many who had not called upon or cried out to God for years would commence speaking with him again. He also said this trial would bring people closer to God. That it would cause many to reflect on their circumstances and would propel them toward their families and toward their Father in Heaven.
During the weeks that have followed my surgeries and treatment I have had many friends tell me just that.  Things like, "I never pray, but since you asked..." or, "It's been years since I have said a prayer..."  Many have said, "Your situation has helped me to put into perspective what is really important in my life."
I believe we all agreed to do hard things during our time on earth.  My path is nothing compared to some. In fact, I dare say, my journey is nothing compared to most.  The greatest thing I have though is a sure knowledge of God's plan.  I believe God has a plan for each of us.  He is always aware and perfectly cares about us each individually. For that knowledge I am grateful.  I know, in the end, no matter what happens, everything will be alright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment