Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pain Meds and Visitors.

August 28
Can I ask a daring question right now?  How does anyone get addicted to pain medication?  The stuff is gross.  I mean grossity- gross, gross, gross. It's like being semi conscious and underwater at the same time. I may have been in pain.  I'm not sure.  All I know is I was out of it and what's worse, I was nauseated.  Everytime I tried to sit up the hospital room would spin and I would throw up.  I couldn't wait to get home.  I had lots of visitors, I guess.  Again, the memory is not too clear.  I know Dr. President came to see me after his morning church meetings.  He brought along Presidents Stucki and Johnson. I'm sure I completely embarrassed myself talking about how I was part shark now that Dr. President used Integra- shark cartilage on my open wound.
As loopy as I was I do know I was grateful that these three great men would come to see me during my hour of need.  The best thing about the visit was Dr. President gave the okay for me to go home. Shortly after his visit we were checked out. It felt so good to be outside.  Doug and I both felt as if we had been cooped up in the hospital for weeks.  Before we pulled into the driveway I could see that my little house had been heart attacked.  Paper hearts covered my doors, windows and garage doors.  My yard had been dotted with hearts and a giant pink ribbon was wrapped around the old pine in our yard.  My heart swelled as I looked at the hearts written on by the primary children, youth and adults of our ward.  My house (sparkling clean thanks to Theresa) was filled with hearts, all holding messages from friends and loved ones.   A little while later, still as loopy as can be I was propped up on my couch gratefully receiving visitors.  People energize me and give me strength.  Those who know me well know this about me, so they came.  I am so glad they did.
Doug and I knelt together to pray that night. Again gratitude filled my heart as never before.  No matter what came, I was blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment